GST Composition Scheme for Service Providers
Apr 8, 2019 Business, Finance by PS ASSOCIATES
In order to come up with various solutions, the GST Council meets up frequently and comes up with various decisions. The 32nd Goods and Service Tax Council meeting was held on 10th January 2019, wherein, the various major decision was taken. One such decision was eligibility/availability of Composition Schemes for service providers and mixed suppliers which were earlier not available. In order to implement the said decision of Goods and Service Tax Council, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs have issued a notification no. 2/2019-Central Tax (Rate) dated 7th March 2019 and the same is taken up in the present article.
Coverage of Supplies
The registered person supplying goods or services or both up to an aggregate turnover of INR 50 Lakhs.
Rate of Tax – 6% (3% CGST + 3% SGST)
Condition for Availing of Composition Scheme –
- Aggregate turnover of the supplier should be INR 50 Lakhs or less in the preceding financial year.
- The supplier should not be eligible to pay tax under section 10 (1) of the Act.
- The supplier should not be engaged in making supply which is not leviable to tax.
- The supplier should not be engaged in making any inter-state supply.
- The supplier should not be a casual taxable person.
- The supplier should not be a non-resident taxable person.
- The supplier should not be engaged in making supplies through an e-commerce operator who is required to collect tax u/s 52.
- The supplier should not be engaged in making supplies of Ice cream and other edible ice, whether or not containing cocoa, Pan Masala, All goods i.e. tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes.
Points to be noted
- The supplier cannot collect any tax from the recipient of supplies.
- The supplier cannot avail input tax credit of tax so paid.
- The supplier, instead of a tax invoice, is required to issue a bill of supply. The supplier is also required to mention ‘taxable person paying tax in terms of notification no. 02/2019- Central Tax (Rate) dated 7thMarch, 2019, not eligible to collect tax on supplies’.
- The supplier opting to pay tax availing benefit of this notification is liable to pay tax under reverse charge basis on inward supplies at applicable rates.